DATA PROTECTION LAW
The Data Protection Act 1998 and the EU General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) describes how organisations, including Worldwide Property Sales, must collect, handle and store personal information.
These rules apply regardless of whether data is stored electronically, on paper or on other materials.
To comply with the law, personal information must be collected and used fairly, stored safely and not disclosed unlawfully.
This data protection policy ensures that Worldwide Property Sales:
• Complies with data protection law and follow good practice.
• Protects the rights of customers and staff.
• Is open about how it stores and processes individuals’ data.
• Protects itself from the risks of a data breach.
We are registered as a Data Controller with the Information Commissioner’s Office.
We offer this website to our advertisers so that they can market their properties online and to overseas property buyers to introduce them to a selection of potentially suitable properties and other services. Our advertisers include estate agents, new homes developers and overseas property owners to allow them to market their properties or properties of clients they are acting for. We are not an estate agent.
COLLECTING PERSONAL INFORMATION – WHAT WE COLLECT AND HOW WE COLLECT YOUR DATA
• We collect personal data from you when you complete a form or register on our website, or by corresponding with us by telephone, email or otherwise. We may collect:
• Name and job title.
• Contact information – email address, home, office and mobile telephone numbers.
• Residential and business address with postcodes.
• Property requirements.
WHAT WE DO WITH THE PERSONAL INFORMATION WE HOLD
We request and hold your personal information to ensure that we fully understand your needs and preferences to allow us to provide you, with your prior consent, with the required service including the following reasons:
• We may use the information to periodically send emails providing promotional information that may be of interest to the email address provided.
• We may use the information to contact you be mail, telephone or email to introduce our services, establish property requirements and introduce properties that may be of interest and for the purposes of managing our business and communicating with our customers, clients, users and estate agents.
• When we have your permission to do so, we may pass your personal information to business partners, service providers and other third parties that require this data to be able to offer appropriate information and adverts to you.
• We may use the information to improve our services.
DISCLOSING YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
• We may disclose your personal information to any of our employees and also professional advisers, suppliers or subcontractors insofar as when necessary for the purposes set out in this policy should we have your permission to do so.
• We may disclose your personal information to any member of our group of trading companies or subsidiaries insofar as when necessary for the purposes set out in this policy should we have your permission to do so.
• In the event that we are under a duty to disclose or share your personal information in order to comply with any legal obligation, we will do so, including the exchange of information with other companies and organisations to ensure fraud protection.
RETAINING YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
• To comply with our obligations in relation to data retention policies and deletion procedures, personal information that we collect, store and process will not be retained for longer than is necessary for that purpose, up to a maximum of 2 years.
• We are committed to ensuring that your personal information is secure and will take all reasonable physical, technical and managerial precautions to safeguard against the loss or misuse of your personal information.
• We will store all personal information you provide on secure password protected computers and server and/or within secure locked offices.
• When you register on our website, as either an advertiser or customer, you may have been given, or you have chosen, a user name and password which together enable you access to part of our website, you are responsible for keeping this information confidential and we cannot be responsible for any loss of personal information or data as a result of your loss or sharing of this confidential information.
YOUR RIGHTS – CONTROLLING YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
• You may choose to restrict the collection, storage and use of your personal information. If you have previously agreed to us using your personal information, you may change your mind at any time, amend any information held or withdraw consent for us to hold your personal information, in which case all data will destroyed. You should contact us in writing or by email.
WEBSITE & EMAIL DISCLAIMER
• Worldwide Property Sales is committed to ensuring that the content of the website and email communication and any attachments is current and accurate, however cannot be held responsible for any mistakes or omissions. You cannot reproduce any part of the website or email without first obtaining written permission.
• The accuracy of any property description is for general guidance only and therefore cannot be guaranteed. The reference to any mechanical or electrical equipment or other facilities at the property cannot constitute a representation (unless otherwise stated) as to its state or condition. Prospective tenants/purchasers should satisfy themselves as to the fitness of such equipment and information provided in property descriptions should not be relied upon and does not constitute any part of an offer or contract.
• Worldwide Property Sales may change this policy from time to time by updating this page and you are encouraged to check to ensure that you are comfortable with any changes made.
• You can contact us at email@example.com
• Our address is 43-45 Promenade, Cheltenham, Gloucestershire. UK GL50 1LE
• Registered in England & Wales with company number 7701874 and our registered address is 41 Rodney Road, Cheltenham, Gloucestershire. UK GL50 1HX